UKC BIS / Multi BISS
UGCH Dakir Kaheela de Moreau
Intissar’s Daghar x Bandola Kaheela de Moreau
5/7/2005 – 9/1/2014
We were fortunate to have our first two picks from the last litter bred by Moreau-Sipière International Sloughis. Djingo was an exceptionally elegant black-mantled sand dog. He came from a bit of a rough beginning with an original placement in a home that did not work out. Originally, I was supposed to keep him on a temporary basis, but once he got here, we could not bear to part with him, and he became our first “foster failure.”
A multiple specialty winner and a UKC all breed best in show winner, the best thing about Djingo was his impeccable character, and his loving, confident temperament.
Sadly, Djingo was the first Sloughi in history to have a confirmed diagnosis of Addison’s disease at nearly six years of age. He received excellent medical care throughout his life and was a treasured member of our family.
Djingo was shown on a limited basis starting in 2006, a decade before the Sloughi achieved AKC recognition.
- UKC All Breed Best in Show Winner
- 3 Specialty Bests in Show
- UKC Reserve Best in Show Winner
- 13 UKC Bests in Group
- Best in Specialty Show, 2008 ASLA Land of Lincoln Specialty
- Best in Specialty Show, 2007 ASLA Midwest Specialty
- Best in Specialty Show, 2007 ASLA Oktoberfest Specialty
- First UKC Grand Champion in the History of the Breed
- No. 1 Sloughi in the U.S. for 2007
- 2006 UKC Top Ten Breed Winner
- No. 1 Sloughi, UKC 2006
- Optigen DNA Tested Normal for PRA #06-10993
- Dakir’s online OFA tests are available at this link.